Please try the following:
- Click the
Refresh button , with no effect.
- If you typed the page address in the Address bar, then don't worry,
it is probably spelled correctly.
- There is no need to check your connection settings, or click the
Tools menu, or click Internet Options. Your settings probably match
those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).
That really is not the problem.
- If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can
examine your network and automatically discover network connection
settings. That will not help either. So the link to Detect Network Settings is
not set to function. Relax. This really is the End of the Internet
- You could Click the Help menu and then click About
Internet Explorer - but that won't change a thing.
- If you wish, you could Click the Back Button - not that it
will make any difference!
- Click the Bomb
button if you think it will help. It won't.
This is the end.